I don't live in the same world everyone else does. Let's face it, no one does. I spend about 10% of my time in the real world, going to work, spending time with friends, driving my car...the other 90% is spent in my head: in castles, playing with dragons, casting spells - all of the really awesome things the real world doesn't allow. In an attempt to bring my world to the real world, I write.
Seventeen-year-old Glory Templeton's blood holds the cure for a deadly pandemic-plague and she embarks on a quest to save humanity. When evil forces conspire to stop her, three supernatural beings are assigned to be her guardians. Forbidden love, ancient secret societies, mysterious astronomical monuments, witches, angels, vampires, and demons all contribute to the high adventure that tests the character of this remarkable young woman.
The legend of Glory begins!
Glory - Devin O'Branagan
It’s been a long time since I’ve read YA fiction. Why? Well,
mostly because I never really read much YA fiction. I jumped into the big-girl
stuff from a pretty young age. Fortunately, you’re never too old to read a good
book, because once again the mind of Devin O’Branagan has given me something to
There’s a lot of love about Glory – both the character and
the novel. You’d think that being young adult fantasy, it would lack some of
the depth and darkness that her novels Threshold and Witch hunt delved into -
but you would be mistaken. It’s just a bit more subtle. Good vs. evil; hope or
hate for humanity; whether a dog can really save the human race – it’s all
The characters in Glory are fun, that’s what kept bringing me back to it whenever life forced
me to put it down. Each man, woman, anthropomorphically flexible being, and
canine have his or her own species-specific dilemmas, their own complete
stories going on as an undercurrent to the main narrative, and I wanted to know
more about all of them.
Another perk is that, in a day where “Team Vampire vs. Team
Werewolf” stories abound, O’Branagan takes an…angelic twist that I find
refreshing and charming. This is one battle in which I wouldn’t be able to choose
I have to say that my favourite characters appeared right at
the end, the lovely Goth Girls: Jinx, Jade, Jasmine, and Jezebel. These ladies
kick all kinds of ass and I want to be their friend. Please?
Fine, well even if I’m not given that opportunity, then I
can at least look forward to their return in the sequel to Glory – which is
currently being on worked by Ms O’Branagan (permission to hop up and down with
For all official Glory info, including character bios and a novel trailer, click here!