Monday, February 6, 2012

The Weary Traveller

Okay, that title is a complete and utter lie. I could have wandered New York City for another couple of days at least .. but alas my wallet and job would not allow me.Still, while I was there I managed to do something even more exciting than window shop - I also did a bit of exploring of one of my "Daughter of Time" characters. It was a scary place, her head. A bit dark, a bit fevered, but also fun, loveable and cheerful - much like the city itself. In a way it was kind of like bringing her to life, seeing where she might spend her evenings when she's not out raising the dead. A practice I may try to get into more often. Er...the character exploring, not the dead-raising. Just to clarify. So, contrary to feeling tired and footsore, I feel more energized than I have in weeks, and not only because of the fun stuff I got to do (Rent, off Broadway, le sigh), but also for the brainstorming ideas it gave me.

I still have a bit more work to do on the idea since I didn't do a spec of work on my holiday, but I'm playing around with an interactive short story series - something that will hopefully appeal to all of my writer readers, as well as those of you who are interested in writing but haven't found a good place to give it a go yet. With luck, I'll be ready to present more of my idea for Thursday's post, so consider this a bit of a teaser and feel free to leave a comment to let me know if you'd be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment