Monday, December 19, 2011

Acceptance Speech: Short & Sweet

So it turns out that I have been nominated for a new blog award!  It's always nice to open ye olde inbox in the morning to find that someone has considered all of my hard work worth recognizing. Quite the lovely ego boost!

In respect of Rule 1 of this particular award, I would like to send a big thank you to Kathi L Schwengel for the nomination. Kathi is a phenomenal writer, a great person to chat to, and a source of never-ending support for me in my writing-induced madness.

Rule 2 seems to expect me to share 7 things about myself. I suppose I could try to come up with seven...

1) I strongly believe that chocolate & peanut butter is a magical combination. I am not above dropping chocolate chips into a jar of peanut butter on a really stressful day and eating it with a spoon. That's right. I am a very class lady.

2) I wish that I was allergic to lemons. I don't like the taste of them, I hate the smell of them, but apparently loathing is not enough to stop the family from offering it to you at birthday parties. At least if I were allergic, I'd have a good excuse.

3) I kill plants. I love plants, but as as soon as I try to make my home their home, they die. It makes me very sad and depressed and as I'm watching the pathetic state my only lasting plant is in, I'm thinking of giving up.

4) I'm a DVD junkie. My collection of movies is bested only by my collection of books, which basically means I have no room for anything else in my home.

5) I love fantasy RPG computer games. I rationalise playing them as much as I want, because it's not wasting time, it's research for my books...

6) Give me a small space with a blanket, a good book and a space heater and I'm the happiest person in the world.

7) Annnnd... (I'm totally reaching now. It turns out I don't know 7 facts about myself offhand) I'm a list person. I keep about ten to-do lists throughout the day; I organize my life with self-imposed schedules and items to check off. Without them, I'd feel like I never accomplished anything

That's enough of that.

Rule 3  is to pass this award on to other blogs I've discovered lately and enjoy reading. In particular order:

Angela Addams
Muffy Morrigan
Allie Burke - in the clouds
Colin F Barnes
T James
Sean Hayden 
J.G. Banks - Big Bears Den
Keri Lake
Marianne Su
Anne Michaud
Amy L Overley
Pat Hollett
Molly Greene - Worth Becoming
Julie Anne Lindsey - Musings from the Slush Pile
Kendall Grey - Life is but a dream

Rule 4 is then to contact said bloggers and let them know, which I shall proceed to do.

5 comments:

  1. Right there with you on the first three. I've taken tablespoons of peanut butter and coated them with Hershey's syrup. Oh joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krista!

    I agree with your chocolate and peanut butter assessment 100%. I'm also not a fan of lemons, but I HATE oranges even more. They leave a terrible taste in my mouth. Ugh! And I'm a plant killer too! Sounds like we have a lot in common. :-)

    Thanks for mentioning me and linking to my site. You rock, girl! I already posted things about myself in a blog a while back. http://www.justbreathenovel.com/?p=1541 if you're interested. :-)

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a list person too. Without them everything would fall apart. Now I can add versatile blogger post to my list. Thx for passing the award along to me. It was fun getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Thanks for the nomination, Krista!

    I have to say that I am a total list person too!

    And I, too, am a plant murderer. Can't keep them alive at all.

    I'm a DVD junkie too. Much to my husband's displeasure. I seem to have more than I can watch and he thinks they're a total waste of space!

    ReplyDelete