Thursday, March 29, 2012

Long Time No See!

Hi! I've missed you guys :) It feels like a really long time since I checked in just to spill all my thoughts in some vaguely coherent jumble but, as you probably noticed, this is been a really busy place! There was supposed to be another exciting announcement today, but it was a bit delayed. Expect another bonus post this weekend.

Do you have a minute to catch up? Pull up a chair! I'd offer you tea, but you'd have to get it yourself and that just seems rude, so instead I'll fill you in on all the behind the scenes goings-on.

Part 2 of Greylands will be posted on Monday. It shouldn't be surprising that I'm in love with this project but...wow. I'll admit when I first threw the idea out there, I thought I'd be lucky to get a few extra readers, but the project got off to a great start. I already know a few people working on subs for next month, as well as continuations of the ones posted already. This amazes me! That people are so willing to contribute their time and such great quality work. So far the reactions have been very positive and I want to thank everyone that's supported it: contributors, editors, readers, brainstormers, etc.

To the artists out there: Greylands may be a writing project, but if you read it and are inspired, then feel free to sub with your media of choice. The Shadows wouldn't be the same with only one type of criminal. It takes all sorts to form the gang ;)

I've also been playing around with Raven's Quill blog, and the big reveal will be on Monday. I'm very happy with it - something I've been thinking for awhile and finally got round to doing. I look forward to hearing your opinions.

Otherwise, April is crack-down editing month. Not only on my own stuff, but a few other projects as well. The trick will be finding a chance to write in the quiet moments - which so far has been my lunch hour. But hey, you use the time you have, right? Thanks to a random prompt on Twitter yesterday, I ended up with a flash fiction piece that turned out kind of neat - a really fun exercise in spontaneous storytelling. I might even post it after some edits and tweaking.

But I've gone on enough. What have you been up to?

1 comment:

  1. Credit where it's due, Krista. Greylands is an excellent idea and I'm not surprised by the interest in it. I'm looking forward to the next part. Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete