Friday, August 12, 2011

Example of sheer Bullheadedness - and how it works!

I just read this article by Kathryn Stockett, author of The Help, and I am both amazed and inspired (and maybe a little afraid) of this woman's perseverance. I admit I haven't read the book yet. It's on my reading list, but after reading this I may bump it up a few places.

In a funny, up-lifting, and painful story, Stockett explains how she had her manuscript rejected 60 times before being accepted by an agent. 60. Not only is that how many letters she got back, but also how many times she had to brace herself and send out another submission. How many times she had to edit and re-write. What a lady.

Thanks to the people at My Writer's Circle for posting this link. It's certainly worth keeping.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/poweryourfuture/kathryn-stocketts-the-help-turned-down-60-times-before-becoming-a-best-seller-2523496/

1 comment:

  1. I find her perseverance to be utterly inspiring! We all should believe in ourselves this much. :-)

    ReplyDelete