Thursday, December 22, 2011

Don't mind my hat. It keeps the chipmunks away.

Wheeeehehehehe.....

I've gone a bit loonie.  Loonie? Like the coin? Yes! Mad for money! Mwhahahaha. Or just looney, either way.

In order to accomplish one more thing in the year 2011, I've decided to attempt a mad dash to the end of my novel. At 88,500 words the end is in sight so, of course, as when all things are going well, I've slipped into the hair-pulling "This is a load of garbage" phase of writing. It's all good though. I'm choosing to ignore it. That bit comes later.

My mum is helping me a lot by respecting my chosen temporary isolation - which she reminds me of during her daily telephone calls.

My father keeps trying to tell me, "But it's Christmas, a time for your family. Why don't you want to have dinner?"  My reply to him is: "No, it's crunch time, but I can see where you're getting confused."

My friends are asking me to go last minute shopping with them, but I turn that down as well - which I do feel bad about, because I haven't really done much of mine yet either ("On the 22nd of December??" Shh...it's okay. I've got it all planned out.)

So I want to thank all my family and friends for their patience. For accepting my obsessive time management, and constant scribbling on little pieces of paper during conversation; for overlooking my sudden lapses into thought in the middle of a conversation; for disappearing from all social connection.

I miss you guys, love you all, and I wouldn't be nearly this close to finishing if it weren't for you. See you all in 2012! (And Christmas dinner. I wouldn't miss that.)

7 comments:

  1. Ah, the sacrifices we make for our art! :) It is great you have very supportive friends and family who understand (or at least try to). Good luck and keep pushing. You'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, Krista! I can totally relate. Am going to Tweet this...it's such a universal "writer" thing! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely relate! I've been 3/4 of the way done with my latest novel for a few weeks now and I'm about ready to lock myself in a window-less room and just pound it out. The story needs to get out of my head and on paper!
    Anyway, good luck and happy holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with getting it all done - go for it!! :)

    Anne
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. When the muse calls, you must answer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even if she calls right before dinner *sigh8

    I'm glad to hear that so many people have been/are here with me! Makes me believe that could possibly, maybe, hopefully, be light at the end of the tunnel.

    And then...the editing.

    ReplyDelete